Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A1 Diner - Digital Photo

A1 Diner
8x10 or 5x7, Digital photo
AVAILABLE

No new paintings this week; work has been hectic and I'm going home at night too exhausted to do anything. Plus, I spent a big chunk of the weekend working on taxes. Ugh. Saturday is looking like one more tax day. Hope to finish them then. Maybe after that, I can get back to painting. She said hopefully.

Meanwhile, here's a digitally-manipulated photo I took recently with my new Canon camera. In my spare time (what's that?) I'm having great fun taking photos and playing around with imaging software. Since I'm now officially Poor White Trash and can't afford Photoshop, I'm using a combination of two free programs: Picasa and Gimp. Picasa is pretty basic, but Gimp, I'm told, can do pretty much anything Photoshop can do. Or it would, if I only knew how to use it! Baby steps. That's what I have to practice. I've also been matting prints for next month's Artwalk in Boston, but I'd like to get a few more paintings done to take with me. I'm also starting to list photo prints, like the above one, in my Etsy shop. Too much to do, too little time, even less energy.

All I can say is, I hope summer arrives soon. Life should be a little easier then.

No comments: