Friday, April 10, 2009

Moonset


Moon Setting Over Al's House


No new paintings to post this morning, but I thought I'd share these images I caught this morning as the moon was setting. I got a whole series; these are two of the better ones. It's difficult to get photos in dark light without blurring, even with a tripod. Just pressing the shutter release causes movement.

I did get up at 4 and start a new painting this morning, but so far, I'm not impressed with it. Most of them go through an ugly stage, but this one seems uglier than most. I may end up surprising myself; often, a painting so ugly I want to toss it without finishing turns out perfectly acceptable. Others start out ugly and stay that way. I've had a few failed paintings. I just consider it a learning experience.

No comments: