Monday, September 15, 2008

Trinity

Trinity
12x24, acrylics on canvas
SOLD

My latest, just finished last night. Again with those houses in Lewiston, you're probably saying. Yes, it's true, I can't seem to stop painting them. The colors are different every time I paint them, but the timeless beauty and dignity remain intact.

This one sold the day after I finished it, just a few hours after I listed it on eBay, to a repeat customer. It always makes me feel good--and humble--when somebody likes my work well enough to come back and buy another piece. I can look at my own work and love it or hate it, but what I can't do is be objective. That's an impossibility. But when somebody else comes back and buys my work again and again, there's a kind of validation I can't get anywhere else. So to all my customers, especially those who've returned and bought from me a second (or third!) time, I say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. I don't have to name names. You know who you are, and a couple of you have made my week.

No comments: