Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Not Dead Yet


Just thought I'd write a blog post to notify my legions of fans (that was sarcasm, in case you've lived in a cave for the last ninety years and didn't recognize it) that I'm truly not dead. Haven't had much time for painting lately, but I've been collecting lots of photos to inspire me! I took this one yesterday. I believe this is chickory. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. They grow in wild profusion on just about every empty gravel lot in this city, and I've been madly in love with them for years. You can't imagine how excited I was when we moved to this house four years ago and I discovered there were a couple plants growing wild in my yard. So far this year, there are only a couple of blossoms...nothing like this patch on the corner of Bridge and State Streets. But a very pretty blue nevertheless.

I hope to be posting new work soon, so stay tuned!

No comments: