Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Saw the Light

I Saw the Light
16x20, acrylics on canvas
AVAILABLE

I decided I kind of like the song titles as titles for paintings, so I continued the theme with this one. I've been staring at this house, and another house beside it that I plan to paint soon, for months. They sit near my favorite Chinese restaurant, and every time I go there, I sit in my car in the parking lot and admire the way the light falls across the houses. I've taken several photos, and finally decided to go for it. In real life, there are many trees behind both these houses, but I decided to leave the sky clear because there's a lot going on, and I felt the trees would disrupt the balance. I didn't want to make the painting too busy.

I'm pleased with this one. All in all, not bad for a day's work.

No comments: