Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Together


Happy Together
11x14, acrylics on canvas
AVAILABLE

I have mixed feelings about this one. It didn't come out quite the way I had hoped. I'm discovering I have real trouble with reds. It took many, many layers of color before I managed to achieve the warm red glow I wanted on the front of the house. And then, I still couldn't quite capture it with the camera. In real life, the house front is a little bit softer, a little bit warmer, red than it looks in the photo. Still, I think I managed to capture the feel I was going for: two houses that sit side by side, solid buddies through thick and thin. I kept thinking "me and you" and then the lyrics from the old Turtles song popped into my head and I realized I had to title this one "Happy Together".

No comments: